Q: Feels like a speed wobble when the throttle is open

I am disappointed to find that my new 2014 Jeep Cherokee with less than 5,000 miles on it has a really sketchy wobble to it whenever I accelerate flat-out. The issue is even worse coming out of a turn and accelerating. Is this common? This is my first SUV. Is this car defective?

The problem you are experiencing is possibly a defect in the design of the front end of the vehicle that the manufacture should be issuing a fix before the end of 2015. I am not sure of the exact nature of the fix, but it is supposed to fix the wobbling on acceleration. The temporary fix is to reprogram the transmission module according to recall R01. This recall pertains to your problem due to the changed shifting of the transmission which causes less stress on the drive train. This is not a fix but a temporary solution till the full fix is made available.

3. Feels like a speed wobble when the throttle is open