Q: faulty ignition coil

my car is still new, it is a 2016, and still has factory warranty. it has had a faulty coil, is this something that can be fixed once and no more? or will I continue to have issues?

A faulty ignition coil is something that should be covered under your factory warranty. Generally, ignition coils are a fairly durable component and are not commonly prone to fail, however it is possible from time to time even for a newer car to have a faulty coil. The ignition coil is comprised of a series of copper windings with an insulation around it. As the heat from the engine causes this material to expand and contract, over time the material can begin to crack leaving the copper winding exposed which can cause the wiring inside to short out. When this happens, often times due to the intense heat present under the hood of your car the ignition coil may function erratically or not at all. This can definitely be replaced and should correct your problem.