Q: Fans not working causing van to overheat

The fans in my vehicle fail to come on causing the van to overheat.

A: The fans are controlled via a relay that su...

The fans are controlled via a relay that supplies power from fuse 27 (40A) in the under hood fuse panel. The control side of the cooling fan relay is a switched power signal from the Engine Computer. A voltage check to the cooling fan relay from the engine computer should be carried out as well as a voltage check from the relay to the fans. If you need help from a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and equipment to diagnose the electric fans.