Q: Fans not running. I'm starting to get lost.

2001 Honda Civic LX 1.7L Neither one of my fans are running. I ran through the tests in the FSM and it said the radiator fan switch was bad. Checked delays and fuses all good. Coolant overflow completely full and car overheats. Checked for hydrocarbons in the coolant and did a compression test. Everything seems good. I'm lost. Thanks for your time.

Hi there:

In most cases, when both cooling fans are not working on a dual-cooling system; it’s due to an electrical relay that is broken, a frayed or exposed wire that is not allowing the circuit to complete, or the fuse is damaged. If you’ve checked those relays, replaced the switch and are getting a constant power supply, having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and help diagnose this issue.

3. Fans not running. I'm starting to get lost.