Q: fan won't work on first setting

My fan won't work on speed setting 1. According to my research, there might be a register that went bad. I just replaced the controls, but the fan still doesn't work on setting 1. Any idea what other things I might try?

Hello. When the fan motor is not working on a specific speed, it’s most commonly due to a problem with the blower motor fan resistor. The resistor’s job is to send the proper voltage to the blower motor fan for each speed of the fan.

When the resistor fails, it will not send the right amount of voltage to certain speeds, in your case fan setting number one. In this situation, replacing the blower motor resistor would be necessary to fix the problem. This should be done by a certified technician.