Q: fan wiring is wrong

i have a 1990 camaro rs with a 350 engine swop from a 1995 Silverado 5.7 tbi it has a electric fan and its connected straight to the ignition so if that fan wire is not connected right the car will not start at all it will just go in to acc and the fuel pump kicks on but will not kick over at all untill the wire for the fan is connected right then it will start right but the electric fan is to week for the motor so it gets real hot I was wondering if I take off the electric fan and put the original engine fan back on where would I connect that wire that comes from the ignition straight to the fan any help?

There are aftermarket electric fan controllers that enable the fan to be turned on by a temperature sensor or by a switch inside the cabin. This is a much safer alternative than to tap into the vehicles ignition wiring. The kits use a power source with circuit protection so there aren’t any hot wires or sparks to worry about. If the fan draws too much current through a small gauge wire, it may cause a fire. If you need help having this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the electrical issue and let you know what needs repair.

3. fan wiring is wrong