Q: Fan Motor running when a/c is on upon start up.

I noticed yesterday upon starting the Yukon within a few seconds I could hear the fan motor running real fast. The a/c was on when started up. So today I started it with the a/c off. I could see the two fans were not turning when I turned on the a/c they started turning making the loud noise that fans make. Can you advise? Thanks, Kim

A: It's a normal condition for the fans to...

It's a normal condition for the fans to be running whenever the A/C is on. The fans need to be running when the A/C is on, because this is how the refrigerant is cooled down. The refrigerant passes through the condenser, which the fans pull air across similar to a radiator. If the fans didn't cool down the refrigerant this way, the A/C pressure would get way to high, and could damage the system. If there is any sort of problem with the A/C operation, you can have a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your entire A/C system.