Q: Fan doesn't work and engine steams.

Engine fan does not work. Engine steams, but temperature on gauge does not indicate a high temperature.

A: Hello, sometimes if the water leaks out of ...

Hello, sometimes if the water leaks out of the engine it creates an air pocket in the engine and that trapped air can not escape and will not let the water circulate. This causes some problems. if there is air where the cooling fan switch goes into the motor then it will not work properly. What you need to do is have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, bleed all the air out of the system and make sure it is full of coolant and find where the coolant leaked out. If the car did get hot enough, you may have damaged the head gasket. If you look in the oil fill on the valve cover if you see a milky gunk in the valve cover this may be the case. Either way a qualified technician can determine why the car steaming.