Q: Exterior lights

Your advice recently was helpful so lets try another question, Now I'm considering an '07 Buick La Crosse CXL at $3,400 under value,with 97,000 mi. My research tells me there is a consistent problem with the exterior lights. Supposedly Buick dealer has no parts to repair the problem. To your knowledge is this a legitimate response,and if so ,how to remedy this and at approximately what cost ? I value you opinion and even though you are not in my immediate area I really recommend your services to anyone who could use your help. Thanks , OG

A: Hi there. Your Buick dealer may be telling ...

Hi there. Your Buick dealer may be telling the truth that the parts are not readily available, but they probably could have been more helpful with pointing you in the right direction. For the issue you are having, I recommend replacing the exterior lighting relay. Once the relay is replaced, check to see if the light continues to not function correctly. If the lights still act up, then the Body Control Module (BCM) needs to be replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your exterior lights, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your exterior lights diagnosis and repair.