Q: Exhuost pipe in way of Starter wires

Large wire from batteries shorting out on exhout down tube ! What can I do to fix this thank you so much! Happy holidays to you and yours!!!!!!1997 2.2engine s10 LS crew cub automatic trany with air!!!!

The most efficient thing to do is request an electrical repair. The responding mechanic will install a power supply cable of adequate length and gauge and then re-route the cable in the engine compartment, away from hot spots such as the exhaust, and securely attach it to the frame with clips. The responding mechanic will also ensure that no other wiring was damaged in that location. If you have a follow up question, please let us know.