Q: Exhaust system issues and multiple malfunctioning within car - 1992 Lincoln Mark VII

It seems I have to keep having repair work done on my car. The exhaust system is having more trouble and also the brakes. The factory stereo system is no longer working. The sunroof is leaking. My ABS brakes failed recently and also, the paint is peeling off of my roof, trunk, and basically the whole car. Also not working is the driver’s side electrical window. Would you please let me me know where to start with the most needed part first.

The brakes and ABS are clearly the highest priority, being a safety issue. If the exhaust system is rusty or leaking exhaust gases somewhere other than the tailpipe, that should be repaired next. Other items follow in their order of convenience to you. A professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, should be engaged for brake and exhaust issues for certain.

• Exhaust system issues and multiple malfunctioning within car - 1992 Lincoln Mark VII