Q: Exhaust smoke when in idle

I was sitting at drive threw and noticed white smoke coming from only one of the exhaust pipes. Problem stopped and has not returned. What could this possibly be?

Hello. This may be nothing at all. Most of the time this is caused by a little condensation in the exhaust system which ends up burning off in the form of smoke. It can also be caused by a internal engine issue caused by a leaking valve stem seal, but that does not sound like the case. If the problem has not come back then it should not be anything to worry about. I would just keep and eye on the fluid levels to make sure that it is not burning any of the fluids. If the problem persists, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the smoke firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Exhaust smoke when in idle