Q: Exhaust smell inside of the car - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL

The car that I have recently purchased has gone 125,000 miles. While I was test driving the vehicle, it ran great with no obvious issues. However, several days ago I was driving it on the highway when the odor in the cabin started to make me nauseous. It was a very strong exhaust odor. Is this caused by some leak? What might be the problem?

A: Hello. There could be a leak in the exhaust...

Hello. There could be a leak in the exhaust located under the front seats of the car. There also could be oil leaking in the exhaust and the fumes of the burning oil could be coming into your cabin. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the exhaust and engine for leaks at your home or office.