Q: Q: Exhaust manifold

I have to bolts broke off in my exhaust manifold, what solutions do I have to fix or rig it?

If there is no remaining bolt or stud to grip to attempt an extraction, the broken segment must be drilled out and the hole possibly re-tapped or a heli-coil installed. If there is access to work, the repair can be performed with the manifold installed on the engine. If access is too tight, the manifold is removed from the car, which makes the repair easier in any event. It is definitely repairable though and if you desire that a certified mechanic handle it, please use YourMechanic’s exhaust manifold repair/replacement service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Exhaust manifold