Q: Exhaust gasket continues to blow

I have a 2008 mazda 3 i sport 2.0l 4cyl and i put a full cat-back exhaust on it, and aftermarket headers. the header is a two piece header and the gasket between the header and basically the down pipe has blown a numerous amount of times, i have replaced it several, but nothing seems to work, thanks

A: Hello there, a few different faults can cau...

Hello there, a few different faults can cause the exhaust gasket to continue to fail. The most likely would be excessive back pressure, EGR faults, high torque on the mounting bolts, or a clogged catalytic converter.

I'd recommend getting some help from a qualified technician, they will be able to diagnose your exhaust system and perform any repairs required.