Q: Q: Exhaust

If I replace both of my catalytic converters with universals will it cause problems with the 02 sensors? An exhaust shop told me that I cannot use univerals because my check engine light will come on and mess with the trucks computer.

There is always a chance if it will work as a replacement for the factory part anytime you use an aftermarket part. The exhaust catalyst on any vehicle is designed to flow a certain amount of exhaust at the same time cleaning out the bad gases. There is an O2 sensor before and after the catalyst that will measure the catalyst efficiency. If you use a new catalyst from the factory will work like the vehicle was new and should not cause codes. The aftermarket catalyst may work fine and not cause codes but then again it may not match the factory one and causes codes for catalyst efficiency. You will save a lot of money putting in aftermarket parts but take a chance it will not work.