Q: Everything stopped working in my car - 2001 BMW 316ti

Just installed a car navigation in my car bmw316ti tested all ok listened to some music for a little while when I tried to start the car nothing! Tried a few times nothing! Then all lights start go crazy and now nuffin works! What might be battery?

Hello - I suspect the wiring modifications necessary to add the nav system either overloaded a circuit, or somehow damaged something BMW calls the "lighting control module". The LCM as it is called, does all the power control switching for lights and accessories - not the switches and controls themselves. It is possible that your recent re-wiring modified power distribution, possibly damaging the LCM. I would recommend an electrical inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Everything stopped working in my car - 2001 BMW 316ti