Q: Everything stopped working in my car - 2001 BMW 316ti

Just installed a car navigation in my car bmw316ti tested all ok listened to some music for a little while when I tried to start the car nothing! Tried a few times nothing! Then all lights start go crazy and now nuffin works! What might be battery?

A: Hello - I suspect the wiring modifications ...

Hello - I suspect the wiring modifications necessary to add the nav system either overloaded a circuit, or somehow damaged something BMW calls the "lighting control module". The LCM as it is called, does all the power control switching for lights and accessories - not the switches and controls themselves. It is possible that your recent re-wiring modified power distribution, possibly damaging the LCM. I would recommend an electrical inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.