Q: Evap solenoid system

I recently purchased a Chevy truck. Three days later the engine light came on. I read the code and got p0446 evap system. I replaced the solenoid canister and the charcoal filter. The only thing I did not replace was the line into the computer. This did not work. I then replaced the fuses, 4WS and PCM 15A and 20A. This did the trick and I was able to pump a whole tank of gas without it stopping once. Three days later and the light comes back on. I replaced fuses and I was able to pump gas again no problem. My question is, are there other fuses in line with these that may need to be replaced? Would it be bad to pull fuses one at a time and blow out their ports to remove any debris that might be in there? Would it be bad to remove all fuses and replace? Are there other issues that I may be over looking? Thanks.

I applaud your diligence in reading the code and working the specific problem! There is another angle to this issue that I’m sure was next on your list - cleaning (or replacing) the evaporation vent purge valve, which accumulates dust and road grit, stopping it up. There is a Chevy Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for this (02-06-04-037A), which outlines the procedure to replace it (including the GM part number). If you need further assistance with this issue, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location and help you with the evaporation vent valve replacement on your vehicle.

3. Evap solenoid system