Q: ETM update

My car has over 200,000 miles, and I need an ETM update. I have software 307851800a and need the update 30785453. The car drives perfect above 900 RPMs, but below 900 RPMs, the car has a fast surging idle. The ETM test shows a max of 1.9 degrees variance in the sensors, so I don't feel the ETM is bad.

A: In order to get these updates, you would ne...

In order to get these updates, you would need to go to a mechanic that can update the software; a dealer should be able to reprogram the computer to the new version. This vehicle has many recalls, and service campaigns, that may cover your vehicle’s issues. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, could check this out for you to see if your vehicle needs the ETM, or a reprogram.