Q: Especailly in the early mornings Gear knocks off as i drive until i put back to (P)park and (D) drive

As i drive to work in the morning (6am) , as i hit my drive(D) and down to the streets at about 10 mins.I notice that with my throttle pressed down its as if my car is in the (N) neutral but still roll then when i quickly move the gear handle to neutral and back its still the same until i move it to (P) Park and back it now drives normal this has happened for a week straight which is very usual. Have checked transmission oil level fine or do i need to change? pls i humbly need your feedback.

Thanks Ike

This may indicate a failing speed sensor. The transmission speed sensor is a magnetic sensor that provides information related to the speed of the input and output shafts in the transmission, allowing the transmission to shift smoothly. The sensor counts the internal number of revolutions of the transmission and transmits that information to the transmission control unit, where the data is used to determine the rotational speed. As the rotation increases, the control unit directs the changing of gears. When this is not working properly, this may cause the transmission to shift erratically or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Especailly in the early mornings Gear knocks off as i drive until i put back to (P)park and (D) drive