Q: Error code and no throttle

What would cause a vehicle to have no acceleration hitting the pedal after driving for a few moments then once the engine is shut down for a moment then restarted the code and problem go away Error code 2126 throttle position sensor switch E

A: Hello. If there is a throttle position sens...

Hello. If there is a throttle position sensor code due to a bad sensor then this symptom could occur. Most of the time on this vehicle, the entire throttle body must be replaced to fix this. Before doing so, I test the circuit at the throttle body and at the accelerator pedal as a bad connection can also cause this. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the acceleration issue and advise you on proper repairs.