Q: EPC light turned on

my mechanic said the fault code was 322 then minutes later said I needed the camshaft position sensor , does this seem accurate I know the camshaft sensor displays a different code ?

A: Hello there: When your Volkswagen detects ...

Hello there:

When your Volkswagen detects a P0322 OBD-II trouble code, it will assume that the distributor and crankshaft are misaligned. In most cases, the crankshaft and distributor will not actually be misaligned, but another problem will cause the code to be stored; such as the crankshaft position sensor. So in this case, the mechanic is most likely correct.