Q: Q: EPC Light

When driving it seems to run fine until you get on the high way or even when you try to accelerate quickly it starts to rev up in the high RPM's and doesn't want to shift right into a higher gear ! I'm not sure what I should do! I've been told that it's my MAF or my speed sensor or throttle body ! Not sure what to do ! It also has a little humming to it when you accelerate but it doesn't sound bad more an exhaust issue so I'm not sure if it's related or not but other wise this car runs perfectly fine! Wonderful car

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Volkswagen Jetta. This is a common issue when the mass air flow sensor is failing or the throttle position sensor is faulty. This will cause the intermittent hesitation and spikes in RPM’s as you’ve described. I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand and help you repair it accurately.

3. Q: EPC Light