Q: Engine smoking from seals and overheating.

The enigine isnt ticking and has coolant and oil. Overheated, then I put coolant in it. Tried to drive was able to go acouple miles then pulled over before it started overheating and smoking.

Hi there. Check the coolant level and see if its low. If it is low, then check the engine oil and see if the oil is black or like a milkshake. If the oil looks like a milkshake, then there could be an issue with the head gasket causing the engine to overheat and mix the coolant with the oil. If the oil is normal, then look for any leaking coolant hose or core plug (freeze plug) that may be leaking. If there is no signs of any coolant leaks, then the coolant may be going out the bypass hose and the thermostat could be stuck shut. I recommend pressure testing the cooling system and looking for any coolant leaks or for the meter to drop quickly. If you need further assistance with the engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine smoking from seals and overheating.