Q: Engine wont start after oil pump and main bearing replacement

My oil pressure light lit up and engine subsequently seized. Found out it was a failed oil pump. Replaced the oil pump and the cranks main bearings. Took a while but engine eventually started. On moving the car for about a kilometer the car shuts off. Engine cranks but wont start for a couple of days. Now it starts but wont rev up. It goes off upon pressing on gas. This vehicles has never had electrical problems. The fuel pumps looks fine. Could the earlier engine seizure have caused this. Kindly advice.

If an engine seizes because of low oil pressure, the damage probably goes far beyond the main bearings. Usually the first parts to fail are the camshaft bearings and valve lifters because they are furthest down the line for oil pressure. After that are the connecting rod bearings, and if the con rods are not oiling, then the cylinder walls aren’t getting any lubrication. The main bearings are usually the best part left because they are closest in line to the oil pump. In my shop, if an engine seized because of low oil pressure, it usually wasn’t economical to repair so we would look for a replacement. That said; if you want to get an opinion on this, you can contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Corolla and let you know what can be done for it.

3. Engine wont start after oil pump and main bearing replacement