Q: Engine valves have gone out

The engine is a 1996 V8 Vortec. What I've been told is that 3 of the engine valves have burnt out on it. I really don't want to buy a new engine, I'd rather just repair this one. Is it possible to repair burnt valves on a 260,000 mile engine? And would you have a price estimate of what it would cost?

You more than likely do not have burnt valves unless you have been running the engine real lean for a long time. If you have not run the vehicle lean, then you may have valves that do not seal good due to the seat and valve do not seal. This requires the engine heads to be removed and the heads sent to a machine shop to be rebuilt. With the engine having over 260,000 miles, then you are going to have wear on the pistons, cylinders, rod, and crank bearings. Basically the entire engine should be rebuilt. You are looking at over 25 hours labor to remove and overhaul the motor, plus parts, and machine shop services.