Q: engine using oil

I just done a major engine overhaul on my car. I noticed that every 300-400km my car uses about 1lt oil. Is it normal?

I would say that is not normal. Especially after a fresh rebuild, unless only the bearings were changed and nothing was done to the piston rings.

On your engine, it is common for the piston rings to get gummed up with carbon and then the engine will use too much oil.

In addition to that problem, it is common for the turbocharged engines to leak oil from the turbo into the exhaust.

I would return to the shop that did the rebuild. Depending on what they did during the "rebuild" they should fix it on their dime, not yours. However, not knowing why the rebuild was done, they may not be obligated to fix it for free.

3. engine using oil