Q: Engine unresponsive, dash lights on

Hi. My car cannot be started all of a sudden. The dash showed road slip and wrench lights illuminated. I couldn't move the car neither forward nor backward. I tried restarting it several times and the engine was working. But after several attempts, the engine became unresponsive. Other than those two lights, there were several other ones that came on, including oil, battery and ABS light. I don't know what to do. Do you have any idea why this happened and how I can fix it? Thank you.

Hello. It sounds like the battery and starter in you car has failed. You could try jump starting the car but it would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your battery and charging system in order to pinpoint why your car is not starting. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.

3. Engine unresponsive, dash lights on