Q: Engine unresonsive when the gas is pressed for the first time

Hello. My car has developed some engine issues. It seems unresponsive when I give it gas. It would eventually start reacting after I let go of the gas pedal and press it again. How serious is this problem? How can I fix it? Thank you in advance.

Hello there. When a vehicle has trouble accelerating, it should not be driven until it can be repaired. This fault could leave you stranded at the worst moment and is not safe to drive. The most common cause of this is a lack of fuel pressure, a fuel pump failure, a fuel filter going bad, or a throttle body fault. If you want to have this looked at, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will have little trouble diagnosing your acceleration problem and performing any repairs required.