Q: Engine turns on great even turns over to gears but does not drive.

Key goes in turns on great even goes into gears but does not catch gears won't drive reverse nothing it won't move but turns on and into gears...heard common problem on 1996 is computer not catching pressure no ground ??? Please help me out thank and God bless

A: Checking the transmission fluid level would...

Checking the transmission fluid level would be the place to begin. It is checked with the engine running. With some paper towels or a rag in your hand, pull the A/T dipstick and see where the fluid level is compared to the FULL or ADD marks. Notice if the fluid is dark/brown/black and smell it, too. Burnt smell and dark fluid commonly indicate that the transmission has been slipping. It will require a mechanic to determine exactly what the problem is with your Caprice. Good luck!

If you feel like you need assistance with this, a certified mechanic can happily service your transmission fluid and diagnose the driving symptoms you're experiencing.