Q: Engine does not idle

I never had issues had the car for a year and a half and i dont have a check engine light on. The past 2 times iv filled my tank with shell V-power93oct for the first time using btw..about 20 miles later when im stopped my cars engine will shut off i have to take the keys out and start it back up and i lose alot of power steering till i make it home. I start it up hours later to have it working np please need help.

The fuel should not make any difference, unless the station’s tanks are contaminated with water. If that were the case, you would probably experience problems while you were moving. If your engine is shutting off when you try to idle, I would expect to see a check engine light. The most common causes of a car not idling are vacuum leaks or throttle body problems. either one of those would present a check engine light and a trouble code. Try turning on the key without starting the car. The check engine light should be lit. If it isn’t, it’s not working. The car can still store codes even if the CEL isn’t working, so you may find something in a scan. But let’s talk about that power steering. If I understand your post correctly, you are loosing it while you are driving. I wonder if the power steering pump may be trying to lock up and the extra load is causing the engine to stall at idle. That might not light a check engine light. I suggest you contact Your Mechanic about having a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and help you solve this problem.

3. Engine does not idle