Q: Engine ticking sounds, screech 2009 Ford F150

My engine ticks, probably normal. But from 500-2500 Roma when stepped on it screetches.i asked the dealer they said it's normal and sprayed belt conditioner on, still does it. Is there anything I could do myself?

Hi there - while a screeching noise may be common, it is not "normal". An old belt, whether stretched or glazed, can cause screeching, a loose tensioner will allow belt slip (not good), worn idler bearings, crud in the grooves of the pulleys - these can all cause belt screech, squeal or slipping. I would recommend replacement of the belt and inspection of the pulleys and tensioner by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Engine ticking sounds, screech 2009 Ford F150