Q: Engine ticking sounds, screech 2009 Ford F150

My engine ticks, probably normal. But from 500-2500 Roma when stepped on it screetches.i asked the dealer they said it's normal and sprayed belt conditioner on, still does it. Is there anything I could do myself?

Hi there - while a screeching noise may be common, it is not "normal". An old belt, whether stretched or glazed, can cause screeching, a loose tensioner will allow belt slip (not good), worn idler bearings, crud in the grooves of the pulleys - these can all cause belt screech, squeal or slipping. I would recommend replacement of the belt and inspection of the pulleys and tensioner by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.