Q: Engine temperature goes up when I run air

When I turn on the air in my car, the temperature gauge goes up, but when the air is off, the temperature gauge stays in the middle.

I have seen this issue before. When you turn on your air conditioning, there is a part called a condensor that sits in front of the radiator that gets very hot. The condensor looks similar to the radiator and actually does the exact same things. It dissipates heat. Since it sits in front of the radiator, all the air passes through it first. This means the air that hits the radiator is already hot. Most cars deal with this by having two fans. One for the radiator and one for the condensor. If the condensor fan fails, the radiator fan is not enough to cool both the radiator and condensor so the temperature goes up. The usual repair for this is to replace the condensor fan. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, should be able to diagnose your engine temperature issue and move forward with the appropriate repairs.