Q: Engine starts,but fails to continue to run

Engine starts,but stalls within seconds. Scanner gives a camshaft position sensor malfunction. Could this be the problem even if the Engine cranks and starts, but doesn't stay running?

A: Your vehicle's engine management system...

Your vehicle's engine management system depends on many sensors, but mainly the crankshaft and camshaft sensors in order to run. If the code scan is coming up with a camshaft sensor code, you more than likely need a new camshaft sensor. There may also be a problem with the connector or wiring. I'd recommend having a certified mechanic check the vehicle, they will be able to easily diagnose and repair your starting issue.