Q: Engine stalls when I stop

I have a very low-mileage 2011 Chrysler 200 that has had an issue with the engine randomly dying out at stops. It started around 5,00 miles (at 17,000 now), with a stall at a stop sign. I thought this was unusual for an automatic transmission but I didn’t think much of it. Now it happens all the time and every time I have it serviced they cannot replicate it! What am I doing wrong?

A: First off you are doing nothing wrong. Ther...

First off you are doing nothing wrong. There are many owners with the same issue and an investigation was issued and closed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2012. The manufacturer stated they have a computer update that fixes the issue and customers were notified to have the reprogramming done. This is not a recall but a technical service bulletin (TSB) and means the manufacturer will only cover the repair cost during warranty. You will have to call your dealer and set an appointment to have the reprogramming done. The TSB is 18-028-11 dated May 2011.