Q: Engine stalls at low speed or when shifted down.

800 CC car, manual car - engine stalls at low speed or when gear is shifted down. No problem occur at fast speed or when the gas pedal is pressed. Car is hybrid on petrol and cng. Engine spark plugs replaced today but problem persists. Intense shocks are felt at low speed too. Battery is working fine with headlights and ignition.

Hello. There are several possible issues that could cause this problem: a dirty or malfunctioning idle air control valve, throttle body, stuck open (even partially) EGR valve, or an air leak in the intake system. I would recommend having a inspection to determine why the car is stalling completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment for repairs.

3. Engine stalls at low speed or when shifted down.