Q: Engine stalls and serving tick over 2.5 diesel

When driving performance good come stop it stolls put in park and tick over drops down and back up e.g. Serging and then stolls this is a 2.5 diesel

A: Hi there. If the crank sensor is used only ...

Hi there. If the crank sensor is used only for misfire detection and NOT spark timing, the vehicle should start and run with the engine light on. Usually the crank sensor or the reluctor ring may have been damaged and needs replaced. The reluctor ring could have missing teeth or sheared off the key-way. The last thing that would cause this is a short to ground or the ECM has a failure. Check the crank sensor and make sure that the harness is plugged in. Check the reluctor for any damage to it. Replace what has failed. If everything seems to be working correctly, then check for any loose grounds that could cause a battery disconnect to the computer system. If all wires are good, tight, and clean, then the ECM may need flashed (reprogrammed) or replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle not starting.