Q: Engine smoking

My car is not over heating. But smoke is coming from the exhaust manifold. And it has a burning smell kinda like asphalt. What might be the problem?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like y...

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you might be leaking oil from your valve cover gaskets. When oil leaks out of the valve cover gasket it will flow down to the exhaust manifold causing the smoke and the smell that you are experiencing. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.