Q: Engine skipping

The engine is skipping, and the Check Engine light is blinking when driving.

Sounds like you have a misfire. Misfires are common and can be caused by several components. The most common component failure is spark plug, spark plug wires, and coils. Other things that can cause a misfire are bad injectors, low compression, and valves that are not sealing properly. Usually a code is set when a misfire is detected. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to scan the Check Engine Light code and use it to identify the cylinder that is not working properly for further diagnosis. From there, they will be able to make the repairs that are appropriate for this issue.

3. Engine skipping