Q: engine sized after replacing the gearbox

at first there was a grinding sound in the gearbox, after removing the gearbox I realize that the bearings were broken in the gearbox. I bought the bearings and replaced them. I then reconnected the gearbox to the engine.after finishing the job I tried to start the car it wont turn.

Hi there. I would need to know what model Volkswagen this is to be able to give specific information about the problem. From what you are explaining, if the engine was running fine before the repair, then there is an issue with the repair itself. If the clutch was not installed right or if the gearbox was not properly aligned then this can occur. It will also happen if the gearbox was not repaired correctly. It needs to be removed and checked for any issues with the repair. You really need to get some assistance from a transmission specialist to repair this properly.

3. engine sized after replacing the gearbox