Q: Engine seized in 1994 Volkswagen Golf

The engine in my car seized. Now, the crankshaft is locked tight.

A: Hello! I suggest trying to turn the crank o...

Hello! I suggest trying to turn the crank over by hand and listening to internal engine noises. If the crank turns over fine and there are no abnormal noises. The crank may just be seized because it was not driven for a while or the engine could be hydro-locked. If there is abnormal noise like clicks or bangs there may be mechanical internal engine damage. I suggest to have a look at the engine internals by the use of an inspection camera. An inspection camera is the most cost efficient and least invasive way of checking internal engine components.