Q: Engine seems locked

Starter will not turn engine. Gas in oul pan. Replaced fuel pump,and starter. Will pull plugs today. Had motor rebuilt about 1 year ago. I think the fuel pump diafram leaked into pan or carb float stuck and filled the cylinder

Hi there. Sounds as if the meter in the carburetor has failed and made the float continues attempts to fill up when it is to be shut off. This will cause the engine to statically lock up. If the carburetor is good and working properly with no internal leaks, then there could be a hole in the piston with possible breakage in the cylinder making the engine not turn over. Remove the spark plugs and crank the engine over by hand. If the engine is able to rotate all the way, then it is most likely a fuel issue. If the engine still has a stopping point, then there is something in one or more of the cylinders. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine not starting.