Q: engine runs rough

hi I have 2001 Chrysler voyager 4 cylinder. recently a mobile mechanic changed my water pump and after than the car runs very rough at ide and sometimes shuts off as soon I slow down lets say from 40 miles to zero . This model required removing the timing belt to get to the water pump.

I took vacuum reading in idle with a gauge and the reading is below normal. is that just a vacuum leak or does the car have other problems. please see the video below. I appreciate you or anyone else that could help me in a right direction. thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxigI73OGo

A: Hi there. It seems sounds like the mechanic...

Hi there. It seems sounds like the mechanic put the timing belt back on one tooth off. If all of a sudden, the engine is not running correctly and the vacuum has dropped, then a valve is staying open a little causing this symptom.

Check the timing on the camshaft and the crankshaft to ensure that they are aligned up correctly. If they are off, then you will need to remove the timing belt, reset the timing, and put the belt back on. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, you may want to have another expert inspect the rough running issue and move forward with any needed repairs.