Q: Engine revs but van is slow to kick into gear. There is also some redish fluid sprayed all over the engine. The stick shows full.

We are on vacation and it seems that we are having transmission issues. It looks like a spray of red-ish fluid has come out of the transmission dip stick tube. The stick shows full but I can't be sure. Should I try some STP transmission stop leak? Or add some more transmission fluid? And what type of transmission fluid should I add for a 2008 Kia Sedona?

SPIII ATF is the correct fluid for your vehicle. The fluid in your transmission may have been over filled.

Make sure the fluid level is checked after the transmission is warmed up and driven a while. The fluid will be in the full hot range with the engine running in park. If the fluid is over full, then it may push the excess fluid out of the transmission vent or dipstick tube.

If the transmission is not overfull and no leaks are found and the fluid is being pushed out of vent or dipstick tube, then the transmission is overheating and will need to be checked by a transmission mechanic.

3. Engine revs but van is slow to kick into gear. There is also some redish fluid sprayed all over the engine. The stick shows full.