Q: Q: Engine rebuilt

i feel i have a lifter tap on my 4.0 6v xj engine , i was also told is a piston shirt broken off, ive been told all these thing about my car. bottom line how much would it be to rebuild my engine. the tap ping sound is coming front the top of the engine, and stops when i left off the gas, its gotten worse since mt oil change, i put 10w30 with Lucas oil stabilizer, i feel it was the wrong oil its having a hard time pushing the oil to the lifters.

If you had a piston skirt broken off inside your engine, it would not be running as it would have immediately caused major internal damage.

The tapping sound you hear may be anything from simply low oil, to a worn out valve train components, but it is difficult to diagnose without hearing the noise.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to properly diagnose the noise coming from the engine and help you make an accurate repair.

3. Q: Engine rebuilt