Q: Engine rebuilt and fitted, but car won't start

The engine in my car was just recently rebuilt and was fitted, but my car won't start. The timing belt was correctly put on and in the way that it was removed. Fuel is coming through as it should. There is spark on the spark plugs and it turns over just fine… but it just won't start. What is the solution so I can get my car to driving again. Thanks.

A: There could be several issues - double chec...

There could be several issues - double checking the basics such as valve timing is a must. Also, the induction system needs to be looked at especially to see if the car has fuel and spark. Too little or too much air can prevent fuel from igniting, so this system needs to be accessed and looked over. Compression and leak down could be checked to ensure valve timing is correct. If you need help with this, you may want to enlist a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose your car's starting issue and let you know what needs repair.