Q: Engine quits at any speed even when idling - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300 CE

Four months ago I started having trouble with my engine quitting at any speed and even when it idles. The first time it occurred, I was driving at 30 mph. At the time I overlooked it because it was fine the next 300 miles. After that, the problem started occurring more frequently. This is an intermittent problem; some days it happens and others it does not. I have replaced the spark plugs, distributor cap, leads, and rotor arm. What is the next step I should take to find the source of this problem?

3. Engine quits at any speed even when idling - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300 CE