Q: Engine quit after ticking, then louder ticking.

Started making a ticking noise a month ago, but did not affect anything. Then ticking got louder. Quit running after driving for 15 mins last week. Now it is hard to start, it will idle if i don't touch gas, once gas is depressed, chokes. Had P0341 code, replaced cam pos sens, same. Also has P0104 code (MAF?) cleaned MAF with special MAF cleaner, did not replace. Tensioner pulley is shaking too. Help!

Hello there, you have several different faults going on with your 2005 Mercedes C240. The P0341 Code meaning is Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance and can be caused by a wiring harness fault, failed sensor, or engine timing improper. The P0104 Code indicates that the MAF sensor circuit is intermittent, this can be caused by a vacuum leak or a broken wire in the MAF sensor. These faults may be related or separate issues. The ticking noise can be caused by many faults such as low engine oil, alternator, drive belt, belt idler, tensioner failing, timing chain, or engine mechanical issues. Your vehicle will need a full inspection and diagnosis to determine what is causing the various issues. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your check engine light and make any repairs required.

3. Engine quit after ticking, then louder ticking.