Q: Q: Engine problems

For the past 2 yrs I have been changing ignition coils and even an uptake hose on the back of the motor. My Eddie Bauer Expedition has over 175000 miles on it. Now it is vibrating, running rough, and a green miniature clock looking icon is flashing on the dash. The engine light is on and reads as an engine misfire. I'm curious at the life expectancy of this truck and should i invest in getting the engine looked at?

Hi there:

In general, Expeditions and other "small block" V-8 Ford’s typically run very well up till about 150,000 miles. However, what’s most likely going on; and will continue to go on as you add miles on your truck are electrical sensor issues. The best thing you could do is have a mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection, so they can pull all error codes and swap out the sensors that are causing the engine issues you’re having. It’s not a major expense, but can save you a ton of money in the long run. If the scan and inspection indicates that there are mechanical problems with the engine, you’ll be better served to look for a different vehicle; as engine repair work can be rather costly.

3. Q: Engine problems