Q: Engine Overheating

At lower speeds, my car runs really hot. However, at high speeds, it gets back into a normal range. I just had the coolant flushed about 5k miles ago, but had to add coolant recently. Not sure if it water pump is going out or if there is a leak in my coolant.

A: The engine will run cooler at high speeds b...

The engine will run cooler at high speeds because it benefits from the ram air passing through the radiator. At low speeds, there is not as much air flow. That's why your vehicle is equipped with an electric cooling fan. Anything that affects cooling system performance will be more noticeable at low speeds. Since you said the vehicle is also loosing coolant, I would first look for external leaks by pressure testing the cooling system. If none are found, you'll want to check for internal leaks such as a blown head gasket or cracked head. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair this issue for you (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection).